1. Protect the material from dirt and debris that could have a negative effect on your printing and converting process.
- Store all material on a clean dry floor or in racking. Break bands to relieve pressure on skid-packed stock. Do not double stack skids. Return unused stock to cartons or protective packaging.
- Be sure to maintain the original manufacturer’s labels with the material you have purchased until it is completely exhausted. Even if the original packaging is not salvageable, the original label should be retained to maintain best traceability.
2. Be mindful of storage stability guidelines.
This information identifies how long you can store the material, including temperature and humidity conditions. This information can be vital to the success of your application and is available on product data sheets.
- Avoid extremes of heat and humidity. Store pressure-sensitive stock on a flat surface in a cool dry area.